Friday, April 8, 2011

Carrying Our Own Burdens

In the past week I have been very stressed with everything I had to accomplish for school and my other priorities. As the week went on I was constantly exhausted. I was also sick which added another problem because I was more exhausted than usual. By Wednesday I had not a clue how I was going to get everything done; everything seemed to be due on Thursday. I was about to cry because I just did not see how it was going to be all accomplished. Before I had time to think I just said out loud, God, you are going to have to do this for me. I cannot do this by myself. As yesterday came to a close I realized that God was there for me. He helped me accomplish everything I needed to on time. "Only by Him" was the phrase that kept me going and I kept repeating yesterday. Which was true. I could have not been so calm about the most hectic day of my semester. He gave me the wisdom and strength to keep going. I am so thankful that as a believer in Christ I do not have to carry my own burdens, homework and responsibilities, Christ was there to help me along and He promises in the Bible to do so! The coolest part about that promise is because God never breaks his promises!

God's Daughter,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree girl! Glad you found incredible results in surrendering to God ;-)

    ReplyDelete